As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
A car wax puts up a majestic appeal and shine to your car. And, this can make you feel like your car is just out of the showroom. But do you think the same for the glass windows of your car?
Sure, you must have bought a different spray solution for cleaning the glass surfaces. But have you ever wondered about using the same car wax on glass? Let’s find the answer to this question.
Can I Use Car Wax On Glass?
Yes, you can use your car wax on your glass windows without any hesitation. You just need to follow some safe and simple measures to execute this implementation. Applying the car wax over the glass windows demands the same precision and concern you show while applying it to the body.
This article will provide the details about the preparatory measures that you must take and other such information associated with your question, “Can I use car wax on glass?”. Hence, read it till the end.
Prepare The Glass Windows To Apply Car Wax
Without ideal preparation, you cannot expect to get optimum results out of your efforts. Therefore, follow the preparation steps mentioned below:
- Do not park the car under direct sunlight. The environment plays a significant role in turning out the wax to be perfect. So, do not park it outside, as it will attract dust particles, debris, and dirt that might ruin the waxing and polishing work.
- Use garages or some carports to implement the waxing approach. It will ensure that your car won’t encounter dirt and debris while using wax.
- Move onto the next step, where you have to wash the windows! You should not directly approach the waxing method for your car’s body or glass windows. Instead, you should better wash off the car and the windows to eradicate dirt and dust over them. Also, you can use any glass cleaner and microfiber cloth for tough stains to scrub them out in circular motion.
- After all large and minute dust particles are out from the glass surfaces, leave the glass windows to dry out.
- When the glass windows are clean, you can move forward with the application of the wax, as it won’t trap anything within its layers.
Safe And Simple Way To Apply Car Wax On Glass Surfaces
Now, let’s get an idea of how to apply wax to the glass surfaces of your car. Here’s what you need to do:
- Use a microfiber cloth or a pad for rubbing the wax over glass surfaces. It will help you get more control over the wax spread and prevent scratches on the surface.
- Do not pour the wax upon the glass surface directly, but instead pour it on the applicator.
- I prefer to start from the top and continue the circular applying motion to the lower end.
- After completing one row of applying wax, then move to the top and start with another row. It is better to keep a vertical motion of waxing the glass surfaces.
- After applying the wax to all areas, you need to let it dry before the next step. Removing the wax before it dries will not give out the best results. Wait for 30 minutes or an hour to let the wax dry.
- After it dries out, you should buff out the wax from the body of your car!
- To check if it is properly dried or not, you just need to run your fingers around the glass to see if the wax comes out easily or not. If it comes out easily, then it needs more drying. But if it is sticky, then you can assume it is dry.
- Use a clean microfiber cloth to buff out the wax in circular motions.
- The wax will go off the glass surfaces without the need for any pressure.
- Remove all of the glass haze, and you will witness a more transparent glass than before that will complement the shine of your car’s body.
- You can also consider applying water-repellent formulation upon the glass surfaces to avoid letting water stick on the glass surface. It will help you with excellent visibility in rainy conditions.
Here is a video that will guide you on how to use the wax over the glass windows of your car. Check it out now!
What More Can I Do With The Use Of Car Wax?
Apart from just cleaning the car windows, you can also use car wax to clean the house window glasses. Not just that, but you can use it for your bathtub cleaning sessions and much more. To know more about the uses of car wax, refer to this article that describes its ten uses.
Can I Use Rubbing Alcohol And Vinegar For Cleaning My Car Windows And Glasses?
Yes, you can use ¼ cup of white vinegar and ¼ cup of rubbing alcohol to make a solution. Use it over the glass surfaces to get the desired output. But do not spray the cleaning solution directly onto the glass surface; instead, use a microfiber cloth for the purpose.
Put an end to your unnecessary purchases of cleaning products, especially for car windows or glass surfaces. The car wax you purchased has the formulation to help you clean the windows and glass panels as well. So, you just have to take excellent care and concern to implement the right process.
And then you can proficiently make use of car wax for cleaning the glass windows.