As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The Chevy Cruze, a 1.4 Turbo engine-powered beast of the Chevrolet automobile company, is one of the popular engine models. Thus, an ordinary spark plug is undoubtedly not a fit in this case. This guide discusses the best spark plug for Chevy Cruze 1.4 Turbo and its key features in detail.
Top Spark Plugs For Chevy Cruze 1.4 Turbo Shortlisted
Before buying a spark plug for your Chevy Cruze, it’s important to know the dimension and needs of your engine. You cannot, unfortunately, use any of the spark plugs of your liking just because it offers a wide range of qualities.
Moreover, some brands offer the same kind of spark plugs but for different engine capacity. Thus, make a list of what to seek before making the purchase.
Best Spark Plug Overall: Bosch Automotive 9603 Double Iridium Spark Plug
The Bosch Automotive 9603 Double Iridium OE Replacement Spark Plug has a double iridium pin on it, with a tip made of platinum. Since the two most durable metals, i.e Platinum and Iridium, are used to make this spark plug, its durability and performance are commendable.
The gamut of automotive parts is vast. That’s why choosing a spark plug that offers a wide range of features at a fair price can turn out as a challenging task. But that isn’t the case anymore. Because Bosch Automotive 9603 Double Iridium OE Replacement Spark Plug has made this task super straightforward.
This spark plug has a 0.6mm firing pin that provides accurate ignition and high performance. A spark plug that offers such high performance saves the vehicle’s fuel economy and offers better mileage. Moreover, the Bosch Automotive 9603 Double Iridium spark plug is pre-gapped as per the requirement. Hence, you don’t have to hassle to set the space between the electrodes.
- The spark plug is easy to install because of an easy to read manual.
- It comes in an affordable price range with premium build.
- The quality spark plug ensures more extended use and high performance.
- It works for the long run and gives better mileage than copper spark plugs.
- The spark plug comes pre-gapped, though; one has to change the gap as per their need if the pregap is not suitable as per the requirement.
- 360 Degree Continuous Laser Welded Platinum Center Electrode Featuring Fine Wire Design
- Copper Core Ground Electrode. Large, Copper Core Center Electrode
- Tapered Yttrium Enhanced Ground Electrode
Best Value For Money Spark Plug: Acdelco 41-121 Spark Plug
The Chevy Cruze, a 1.4 turbo engine, runs at higher rpm; hence, it needs a spark plug that is compatible with its full potential. ACDelco GM Original Equipment 41-121 Iridium Spark Plug ensures high execution, good combustion, and excellent quality that goes excellently with the Chevy Cruze engine.
The ACDelco Spark plug has an iridium core that offers better combustion and work than its platinum and copper alloy counterparts. This spark plug has a commendable design that avoids combustion leakage in its chamber.
The ACDelco GM Original Iridium spark plug gives a fantastic performance and excellent stability in a nutshell. Moreover, it facilitates cold start and fast acceleration of the engine, which makes it unique. Its delicate wire design gets rid of the carbon deposits that lay over its outer coating.
Not only that, this spark plug has a suppressor seal that helps in locking out the radio frequencies that harm the electronics in the vehicle.
- Ideally gapped electrodes for the Chevy Cruze engine.
- It comprises Original GM types of equipment.
- This spark plug ensures good quality and high value.
- The ACDelco spark plug is built with the latest technology to facilitate a Chevy Cruze engine.
- The ACDelco Spark plugs do not improve the mileage of your vehicle.
- It doesn’t produce very high power.
- Iridium offers excellent engine idle stability and smooth performance
- Iridium allows for small, efficient electrode designs for reliable cold starting and quick...
- Iridium fine-wire electrode helps burn away carbon deposits on the tip of the plug as they form
Best Affordable Spark Plug: Autolite Ap3923
If you are looking for a spark plug that guarantees the best performance at a lower price, then Autolite AP3923 Platinum Spark Plug is the one for you. This spark plug offers all of the genuine benefits that include:
- A great design that makes this spark plug very versatile.
- The spark plug has a durable core that guarantees its performance.
- It has a hard protective shell to prevent any external damage.
The Autolite AP3923 Platinum Spark Plug has a core of platinum. A platinum spark plug offers better life expectancy and execution. The spark plug gap is made to precision with a yttrium-infused nickel alloy to increase its life expectancy. This amalgamation of metals on the electrodes makes this spark plug durable.
The ceramic coated spark plug comes with a gasket seating that ensures better combustion inside its chamber. The central electrode spark plug runs on less voltage and imparts high endurance with fast accelerations that save fuel.
Moreover, the nickel-plated steel shell ensures complete protection against corrosion and any other external damage. This spark has a lot to offer in its bucket; thus, it is a tough competitor to high-rated brands of the spark plug in the market.
- The spark plug guarantees no corrosion in the gap between electrodes that increase its shelf life.
- It comes with a pre-gap.
- It boosts the mileage of the vehicle because of its conductive core material.
- The spark plug runs on low voltage.
- In some cases, you have to fix the gap between the electrodes.
- The Autolite spark plug comes with no gap protector.
- Full platinum tip ensures virtually no gap erosion for long plug life
- Yttrium enhanced, high nickel alloy side electrode maintains precise gap to increase plug life
- Necked-down center electrode fires quicker and cleaner, with less voltage for easier starts, quicker...
Features To Consider While Buying Spark Plugs For Chevy Cruze 1.4 Turbo
There is no shortage of high-quality spark plugs in the market, which is sometimes a good thing; however, it makes finding the right product from the pile that much more challenging.
|Product||Core Material||Top Material||Reach||Seat Type|
|Bosch Automotive 9603 Double Iridium Spark Plug||Platinum and Iridium||Nickel Plated||19 inches||Flat|
|Autolite Ap3923||Platinum||Nickel, Alloy Steel||0.75 inches||Gasket|
|Acdelco 41-121 Spark Plug||Iridium||Nickel||0.75 inches||Gasket|
Learning about spark plugs well enough to know what you want and what your car needs is key to making the right purchase decision in a flooded market.
Different products sold by various manufacturers use a range of materials to build spark plug electrodes.
There’s no such thing as the ‘ultimate’ electrode material — you must buy the product that meets the car’s needs at your budget. The difference in the material of the electrodes also governs the price of the spark plug.
There are mainly four types of electrodes used in spark plugs:
- Copper Electrodes: These are the most commonly used electrodes. While they break faster than other kinds of electrodes, they’re more affordable and relatively easy to replace. You can expect these to break down in 20,000 – 30,000 miles of driving.
- Platinum Electrode: Instead of a nickel alloy tip, platinum electrodes have a platinum disc on the tip of the electrode. The disc has a higher melting point than nickel alloy electrodes, consequently making the platinum electrode more durable. Autolite spark plugs have a platinum core.
- Double Platinum Electrode: These electrodes have two discs of platinum soldered in the middle of both electrodes, making them more durable than their single-disced counterparts.
- Iridium Electrode: An iridium electrode delivers the most acceptable work efficiency among all the categories. It is the most robust electrode that can last up to 100,000 miles. The iridium electrodes are an excellent choice for regular used vehicles. Bosch spark Plugs have a double iridium core, while AcDelco spark plug has an iridium electrode to deliver best performance.
Here’s a quick comparison of our shortlisted products:
As per the general rule of thumb, it is best to go with a spark plug that resembles your previously installed spark plug. But, if that doesn’t feel enough, you can look for the vehicle’s user manual.